/ Apr 26, 2009 / 1 Comment / ,

Japanese Craft Style books

I have been eying both these books for a while now. These and other Japanese craft books. When these two titles were published in English I knew it was time to purchase both Patchwork style and Linen, Wool, Cotton. I wasn't disappointed when I sat down to take them both in. The photography, styling, and projects combine to make you want to race to your fabric stash and start a project, any project.

My favorite quilts from Patchwork Style above and below. I love how they are imperfect and incorporate a collage of different sized fabric scraps. Even the smallest bits of fabric can be used to create a truly individual project.


Of course I love the Slouch bag from Linen, Wool, Cotton, you know me and my (crazy) weakness for bags. Pretty sure I will sew up a jumper (below) as well.


Share This Post :
Tags : ,

1 comment:

  1. i have both of them - it is so great to get these books in english! i am looking forward to them publishing more. alas i have not got round to making anything yet, i just look at the pictures and dream......

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hello, I am Sandra van Katwijk, mama to 3 incredible girls and founder of Yarning Made. I combined my love for bold graphics, colors and knitting into a tiny line of modern and cozy blankets for baby, dollies, and the home. Each blanket is hand knit and finished in Victoria, BC. My blankets can be found on Etsy and design loving shops around the world. Thanks for visiting my blog!