/ Dec 6, 2009 / 6 Comments / ,

Wooden Christmas tree and crocheted ornaments!







Remember how desperate I was for the Dutch BOOOM Christmas tree? I must have yammered on about it quite a bit because my wonderful sweet boyfriend came home with a big old wooden pallet on his back and said to 'clear the kitchen because I am building you a tree'. After a lot of sweat, groaning (he said to take out the groaning and replace it with 'listening to heavy metal music' which is actually very true), and sawing (with a handsaw no less) he presented me with my tree. Is there a better Christmas present? Nope. Not a one. I am in wooden Christmas tree heaven. (And a little bit of boyfriend heaven as well, because lets face it, this is quite the sweet gesture)

I immediately yanked out the yarn and got busy crocheting flowers and hearts to decorate my dear tree. I added some vintage rick rack to hang them and love how it turned out. With all the other color going on in my house, including my vintage fabric trees, I love how it is rough and plain looking. The soft white and beige yarn soften it just enough. Just how I had pictured it in my head!
Share This Post :
Tags : ,

6 comments:

  1. that's really a sweet gesture!
    by the way, the pallets in your country are much more beautiful than ours here in the Netherlands :D :D
    best wishes Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet guy you have! Don't you just love the sound of a 'woodworking man'? (I know, I happen to have three of those!). Beautiful crochet - hugs Yvonxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool is that!! Such a sweet gesture from your man!
    love the crocheting also!
    Regards Blueberrypie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!! Yes, I think he may be a 'keeper', :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love! I need to have one! But my man is not a "handy"man :/ And nether am I :(

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hello, I am Sandra van Katwijk, mama to 3 incredible girls and founder of Yarning Made. I combined my love for bold graphics, colors and knitting into a tiny line of modern and cozy blankets for baby, dollies, and the home. Each blanket is hand knit and finished in Victoria, BC. My blankets can be found on Etsy and design loving shops around the world. Thanks for visiting my blog!