/ Mar 6, 2010 / 10 Comments /

The "ugly" pillow project





I started what my girls have dubbed "the ugly pillow project". I am using an old vintage 70's pattern and must admit that the picture is somewhat horrendous. But see, when I picture it in my head it just does not look like that. Not with browns and oranges looking all retro seventies. Kind of like the one I found on Etsy! (bottom picture, soooo love that pillow)

So I will bravely continue to crochet and will proudly open the book to the offending page, even while enduring snickers and eye rolling from my girls... :)
Share This Post :
Tags :

10 comments:

  1. I love that pillow!!!
    Especially the colours that you are doing, would fit perfectly in my lounge also :-) Can you let me know the name of the book that the pattern is in, I would love to make one also! Can't wait to see it finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And.....is is finished? Or are you hiding it for us and your girls. ;)
    Have a great Sunday,
    groetjes Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog and sense of style.
    I just came across it when I googled Lonborg. I have a pair of candlesticks in my shop and just found an amazing wooden cat figurine that I haven't listed yet! (still trying to come up with a price)...

    I too am in love with Danish canisters of all types especially ones with colorful graphic flowers~

    Will check back here again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!!

    The ugly pillow is finished!! And not so ugly and no, I am not hiding the finished product!! Haha :)

    Baa-Me Kniits, I included the pattern source in my last post!!

    FoundVintageStyle, love your shop!! I have perused it many times...

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pillows! just great...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hello, I am Sandra van Katwijk, mama to 3 incredible girls and founder of Yarning Made. I combined my love for bold graphics, colors and knitting into a tiny line of modern and cozy blankets for baby, dollies, and the home. Each blanket is hand knit and finished in Victoria, BC. My blankets can be found on Etsy and design loving shops around the world. Thanks for visiting my blog!