/ Jun 30, 2010 / 3 Comments /

Happy 17th birthday oldest babygirl!





My oldest... 17 today, July 1. (Canada day no less!) My first babygirl and she was and still is everything a mom could ever have wished and hoped for. Sweet, oh so sweet, eyes that melt me and a smile that absolutely brightens the darkest of days. Smart cookie that knows exactly what she wants and goes to get it. A writer that will most certainly get published in the near future. The perfect combination of softness and toughness. We have gone through a lot and have come out better and stronger than we could ever have imagined. My girl. I am so proud. :)

Her biggest wish? An eyebrow piercing to go with her lip piercing. And how could I say no? Scheduled for Friday. :) Her friends will go along for moral support this time. I almost fainted through the lip piercing and have gracefully declined (with a loud sigh of relief from her end because her mother passing out in a cool piercing shop is the last thing she needs) attending this particular episode... :)

Happy birthday sweet baby!!
Share This Post :
Tags :

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to her. And to you :)

    I fear the day I'll be asked these kind of things...let's sick with "Little pet shop" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow up so quickly don't they!! Beautiful girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she's as cute now as she was in her baby picture.

    Facial piercings? OUCH! I'd pass out if I watched it, too. But I'm wimpy.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hello, I am Sandra van Katwijk, mama to 3 incredible girls and founder of Yarning Made. I combined my love for bold graphics, colors and knitting into a tiny line of modern and cozy blankets for baby, dollies, and the home. Each blanket is hand knit and finished in Victoria, BC. My blankets can be found on Etsy and design loving shops around the world. Thanks for visiting my blog!