/ Jul 25, 2010 / 6 Comments /

Summer evening bike rides




I've been blog absent for almost 3 weeks! I have no idea how or why this happened. Perhaps I just simply needed a break and time to focus on other things for a bit.

Have not had any time off work yet this summer (soon, I hope!) but have been trying to make the most of those gorgeous warm nights by going on bike rides on my newly thrifted bike. (An old seventies yellow bike I got for $35!) Simply stuff a blanket and a drink in my basket and off we go. Heaven. Ashamed to say I had not been on a bike since coming to Canada from Holland where I practically lived on my bike. Suffice to say I was more than a little sore and wobbly at first...
Share This Post :
Tags :

6 comments:

  1. I love your bike!....and the hooky blanket too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your yellow bike - would match my bright pink mountain bike! Doesn't it feel wonderful - sure makes me think back of those childhood days in Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have start what I promised. The ugly project! Visit my blog, it is just the begining but is going well. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds a bit homesick
    but looks wonderful
    enjoy summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goed dat je weer druk aan het fietsen bent! En dat op zo'n toffe fiets!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hello, I am Sandra van Katwijk, mama to 3 incredible girls and founder of Yarning Made. I combined my love for bold graphics, colors and knitting into a tiny line of modern and cozy blankets for baby, dollies, and the home. Each blanket is hand knit and finished in Victoria, BC. My blankets can be found on Etsy and design loving shops around the world. Thanks for visiting my blog!