/ Jan 30, 2011 / 8 Comments /

Yarn embroidery




Wanted to try my hand at embroidering flowers on knits.... Based VERY loosely on the beautiful kalocsa embroidery I so admire. My circles aren't perfectly circular, my leaves are a bit uneven, but the heart turned out pretty good. :) I love the look of the folklore flowers on the plain grey mittens, imperfections and all. Now on to mitten #2... and then perhaps a photo session with oldest daughter for the final results?
Share This Post :
Tags :

8 comments:

  1. Wauw, I love it!

    Groetjes Maartje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks so nice and folkloristic. I would love to try this. Have a skirt with yarn embroidery, that I could wear today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The imperfection of the embroidery makes the gloves nicer.
    I really like it.
    Greetings
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The colors and pattern you chose are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! I have always wanted to try embroidery over knitting.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hello, I am Sandra van Katwijk, mama to 3 incredible girls and founder of Yarning Made. I combined my love for bold graphics, colors and knitting into a tiny line of modern and cozy blankets for baby, dollies, and the home. Each blanket is hand knit and finished in Victoria, BC. My blankets can be found on Etsy and design loving shops around the world. Thanks for visiting my blog!